[Bioperl-l] Re:Installation under Mac OSX

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Mon Oct 4 16:02:44 EDT 2004

err  this is just the stub directory leftover from a CPAN  build -
eventually it will be removed so that's not really if you don't want to
rely on CPAN for the install just download the tar file,untar it and
point your @INC to that (or just set your PERL5LIB).  Lots of examples
in the INSTALL document like installing bioperl in your home directory
which show how to do this.

GET comes from LWP so depends on if you have updated it.

I'd really suggest fink and fink commander (GUI for fink) if you are
not a computer expert and want to easily install OSX applications.
-jason