[Bioperl-l] more questins about SearchIO

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Sun Nov 28 12:31:34 EST 2004

It is not part of the report so you need to get that information from
another source, GenBank and EMBL for example.  The handy Bio::DB::EMBL
and Bio::DB::GenBank would let you retrieve a sequence given an
accession number.

If you are doing this a lot and only want species information you can
download a mapping of just GI to taxa ID which is part of the genbank
taxonomy database download from NCBI.

-jason