[Bioperl-l] Bioperl help needed!

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Tue Nov 2 13:02:48 EST 2004

Well I'm only going to help if you try some of this out on your own
first and post what you've tried.

$tree->get_lca(-nodes => \@nodes) will find the least common ancestor
  ($node) = $tree->find_node($name) will find a particular node based on
its name

So
- Make a list of node names in Tree A which into a clade with 70%
support (based on the code I posted before).
- Then find these nodes in Tree B (find_node method).
  - Find their LCA (get_lca method).
  - Then walk back down from the LCA (an internal node) and get all the
tips (get_all_Descendents + the grep code posted below).
  - Check if there are any other taxa in the clade thus violating your
requirement of identical clades.

Post your code that does parts of what you want and we can help point.
Please post to the list so other people can learn from it too.

-jason