[Bioperl-l] Phylo::PAML::Codeml

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue May 25 20:39:52 EDT 2004

Where do you see it documented that you can call get_model_params.

The Codeml Parser is Bio::Tools::Phylo::PAML
and you get back a Bio::Tools::Phylo::PAML::Result object

Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::PAML::Codeml is the wrapper module for running
Codeml.

Which NSSites params do you want?  You can get the model results like this

# get a ModelResult from a PAML::Result object
use Bio::Tools::Phylo::PAML;
my $paml = new Bio::Tools::Phylo::PAML(-file => 'mlc');
my $result = $paml->next_result;
foreach my $model ( $result->get_model_results ) {
    print $model->model_num, " ", $mode->model_description, "\n";
    print $model->kappa, "\n";
    print $model->run_time, "\n";
}

But there may be things that don't work - let us know more specifically
what you need to get out so can make sure it works.

--jason