[Bioperl-l] Hmmsearch parsing

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Thu May 20 08:35:51 EDT 2004

Try Bio::SearchIO,  with  'hmmer' as the format.  Alternatively
Bio::Tools::HMMER::Results should also work.  See the SearchIO HowTo for
getting started.

$hit->significance (overall significance)
$hit->raw_score (bit score)
$hit->description for the hit description.

individual hsp bit scores and evalues are available from $hsp->evalue and
$hsp->score.

-jason