[Bioperl-l] How to map a sequence to a known UniGene cluster?

Wuming Gong wmgong at development.3322.org
Sat May 15 22:12:41 EDT 2004

Hello.
I try to map some full length cDNA sequences to UniGene cluster by NCBI BLAST
with the e-value less than 1e-100. The BLAST database - Mm.uniq.seq is
download from the ftp site of NCBI. However, the BLAST results show that for
some sequences, there are two or more hits with the e-value equal to zero. I
wonder how can I map one sequence to exact one UniGene cluster or is it
possible to map one sequence to two or more clusters?
Thanks in advance!

Wuming Gong

--
College of Life Science,