[Bioperl-l] again on remove gapped columns

Jer-Ming Chia jerm at gmx.net
Wed May 12 06:58:35 EDT 2004

The option for removing all-gaps columns was recently added into
SimpleAlign.

=head2 remove_gaps

  Title     : remove_gaps
  Usage     : $aln2 = $aln->remove_gaps('-'[,$all_gaps_columns])
  Function  : Creates an aligment with gaps removed
  Returns   : a Bio::SimpleAlign object
  Args      : a gap character(optional) if no specified,
              taken from $self->gap_char, optional $all_gaps_columns flag
                         indicates that only all-gaps columns should be
deleted

=cut

so check which bioperl release you have (you may need to grab it from
the live branch), and try:

my $aln_nogaps = $aln = $aln->remove_gaps('-',1);

Jerm.