[Bioperl-l] Gbrowse/BioSQL question

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Wed May 5 16:24:29 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,
I did not find a way to pass multiple version numbers neither. Because in the back a find_by_unique_key is performed and *NOT* a find_by_query. Meaning, you need to pass a version *and* an accession number. The accession number is passed via the gbrowse interface, the version is fixed in the configuration file.
THe workaround we are currently using is to set the version field to 0 for all the bioentries at the database level. Really dirty and too bad when you have different versions of the same entry :(
I tried to set version to % in the hope that somewhere in the select query 'version like %' will be called but alas.
BTW, this seems to work fine for the namespace ! You can query multiple namespaces for a certain accession by setting biodbname to % in the conf file.

CHeers,
Marc