[Bioperl-l] general design of the IO system

Steffen Grossmann grossman at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Mar 30 10:53:01 EST 2004

Dear all,

I am at the moment having a hard time trying to understand the basic
design of the IO system.

For example, in Bio::SeqIO I don't understand the trick which makes an
object created with Bio::SeqIO->new look like a Bio::SeqIO object but
behave like a, e.g., Bio::SeqIO::fasta object.

Actually, the 'new' method in Bio::SeqIO looks circular to me.

Please, if one of you wizards could explain this to me or give me a hint
where to find the design documented?

Thanks a lot!

Steffen

--
%            Steffen Grossmann                %