[Bioperl-l] Perl Regular Expressions sought that match typical bioinformatics applications input data

Jeffrey Chang jeffrey_chang at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Mar 26 16:53:41 EST 2004

The closest to this that I know about is the set of Martel regular
expressions in the Biopython package.  It has descriptions for many
bioinformatics formats and can be used for verification, like you
requested.  However, they are not Perl style regular expression.  You
can probably convert them in an automated way, but then your small
software project would be growing into a middling one...

Jeff