[Bioperl-l] protein networks

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 11 10:42:36 EST 2004

Richard,

Thanks for this initiative !

I might suggest including "interaction" in the package name rather than
"protein" since this is what you are graphing. Also there are
Protein-DNA and DNA-DNA interactions (and there will be many more)
which are being stored by some.

In terms of IO, I would like to suggest supporting the HUPO-PSI
standard (which DIP supports) for consideration, and naming the module
after the format, not the database.
<http://psidev.sourceforge.net/mi/xml/doc/user/>

In terms of methods: again, I am not sure you *want* to restrict
yourself to protein only. MolecularInteraction.pm would suggest itself.

Best regards,

Boris

---
Boris Steipe
University of Toronto
Program in Proteomics & Bioinformatics
Departments of Biochemistry & Molecular and Medical Genetics
http://biochemistry.utoronto.ca/steipe/