[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Query::GenBank errors

Jonathan Manning bmb9jrm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 13:15:22 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Apologies for the somewhat fundamental question, but I haven't been able
to find answers myself, and it should be a quickie.

How do I tell if a Bio::DB::Query::Genbank has not retrieved any results
without calling any methods (since this causes the script to crash out
with an exception if there's no results).

Since count() or ids() are unavailable for the purpose I tried:

- if ($queryobject)
- if (ref($queryobject))
- if (defined($queryobject))

(I realise I was clutching at straws a bit there), but to no avail.

Help appreciated!

Jon