[Bioperl-l] Human genome BLAST limit?

Jonathan Manning bmb9jrm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 13:47:45 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Is there a limit to the length of sequence submitted to genome Blast via
the bioperl module? I've tried to submit AY623118 to Blast via a script,
but I just get an error message. The same sequence submitted via the web
works fine. Also, different sequences submitted via the script (e.g.
BC013293) work fine, as does the same query to the mouse genome page
(via the script). AY623118 is around 61 kbp in length, compared to only
around 1200 for BC013293; so I'm thinking that could be it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon