[Bioperl-l] Getting clustalw alignments in a form codeml can use

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Jun 23 09:14:30 EDT 2004

Build a simple align - that is what AlignIO gives you back.  You need to
build one from the data you got back from the database.

my $simplealn = Bio::SimpleAlign->new();

my $i=0;
for my $seq ( @seqstringfromdatabase ) {
 my $lseq = Bio::LocatableSeq->new(-seq => $seq,
			           -display_id => $yourids[$i++]);
 $simplealn->add_seq($lseq);
}

pass the $simplealn to PAML.