[Bioperl-l] Re: [Bioperl-guts-l] tigr to genbank

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Mon Jun 21 16:31:37 EDT 2004

Not much in there really fits into the concept of a genbank file.  There
is no sequence, the rest of the fields I guess you want them to be stored
as DBlinks or annotations?

If you can map the pieces you want to keep into a seq object you just put
them in and then write out the sequence.

I'll do the easy one, accession:
use Bio::SeqIO;
use Bio::Seq;
my $seq = Bio::Seq->new();
my $out = Bio::SeqIO->new(-format => 'genbank');
$seq->accession_number($accession);
$out->write_seq($seq);

-jason