[Bioperl-l] Find tiling path

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 09:44:51 EDT 2004

Hi

Thank you, sequence assembly will come after the step I am talking about
:-)

What I have is about 30,000 sequences, perhaps only 100 of which span
the region I want to create a contig for.  The step I am talking about
is identifying, out of the 30,000 sequences, those that match to the
region I want to contig - and only being in posession of the sequences
at one or both ends of that contig i.e. I want to start with a sequence
at the 5' end, and kind of "walk" along the sequence in the 3' direction
by identifying hits in the database that take me in that direction

Thanks
Mick