[Bioperl-l] All-vs-all BLAST

James Wasmuth james.wasmuth at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 12:42:03 EDT 2004

If the idea is to look for "domains" two recent studys both with
excellent reviews in their introductions are:

Bioinformatics - 20:1335 (2004)
NAR - 32:3522 (2004).

I can't remember how this thread started, but I'm sure the phrase "no
point in re-inventing the wheel" was used, and there really isn't with
regard to "domain" prediction unless you are hell-bent on it.

Anyway that's my £0.02 ($0.036) worth

-james

--
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
		-- Dr. Seuss

Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group  |
School of Biological Sciences    |
Ashworth Laboratories            | tel: +44 131 650 7403
University of Edinburgh          | web: www.nematodes.org
Edinburgh                        |
EH9 3JT                          |
UK                               |