[Bioperl-l] All-vs-all BLAST

Paulo Almeida paulo.david at netvisao.pt
Tue Jul 20 10:42:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

You want to compare all the possible pairs of sequences in the set? If
that is it, you can try putting all the sequences in an array, blast the
first against all the others, shift it out of the array and then repeat
the process until the array is empty. If it's a multiple alignment you
want, you could probably use Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw
<http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.4/Bio/Tools/Run/Alignment/Clustalw.html>
(I was going to link to the webpage, but that link is broken in the
Bioperl webpage).

-Paulo