[Bioperl-l] html stripped from blast report

ghrose at unm.edu ghrose at unm.edu
Mon Jul 19 16:46:37 EDT 2004

Dear Bioperl,

I'm trying to use the code in
http://bio.perl.org/Core/Latest/faq.html#Q3.7
to strip html out of a blast report that is html format.

******The code

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use DBI;
use Bio::Perl;
use Bio::SearchIO;
use Bio::SearchIO::blast;
use HTML::Strip;

my $hs = new HTML::Strip;

	  # replace the blast parser's _readline method with one that
	  # auto-strips HTML:

	  sub Bio::SearchIO::blast::_readline {
	    my ($self, @args) = @_;
    return $hs->parse($self->SUPER::_readline(@args));
	  }

my $in = new Bio::SearchIO(-format => 'blast',
                               -file   => $ARGV[0]);

*******gives me the following error.

georges-Computer:~/Desktop/ben-p020 george$ perl insert_7_4hstrip.pl
p018xnr.html > test3
Can't locate object method "_readline" via package "main" at
insert_7_4hstrip.pl line 17.

I believe I have the HTML::Strip installed correctly.
I'm running this script on macosx10.3.

Can you give me some advise on how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

George