[Bioperl-l] Bioperl support for AGAVE xml

Simon K. Chan skchan at cs.usask.ca
Mon Jul 19 13:28:32 EDT 2004

Hi Brian,

> Yes, there's this stray sentence. "Several of these have been proposed and
> bioperl has at least some support for three: GAME, BSML and AGAVE." I'm not
> sure what was meant by the word "some" at that time but my guess would be
> that 1.4 has no support for AGAVE.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.  Should we update that sentence then?

> Would you like to see agave.pm put into
> Bioperl? If your agave.pm is functional then this is just a matter of adding
> it and writing a test script. What XML parser does it use?

At the moment, I'm using regexps to parse the XML (similar to the tigr.pm
module).  I noticed that game.pm uses XML::Parser::PerlSAX.  Should I use this
one instead of the regexps?

Yes, I'd like agave.pm added to CVS so I can commit changes/additions as they
come up.

Let me know if you have any other comments/suggestions...

Thanks.