[Bioperl-l] installation of bioperl-db

Barry Moore barry.moore at genetics.utah.edu
Sat Jul 10 10:04:57 EDT 2004

Sujoy-

You can remove that repository you added.  The problem is that you had
the wrong address, and there is nothing at that address.  One other
problem that you will have is that there is one ppm file missing at the
BioPerl repository (that for installing GD).  If you add Randy Kobes
repository at the University of Winnipeg also, you should have everthing
you need for a smooth installation.  Try the following:

rep add BioPerl http://bioperl.org/DIST/
rep add uwinnipeg http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
install Bioperl-1.4

Barry

S.Paul wrote:

>Hi Everybody:
>
>I am trying to install bioperl-db-0.1 using Active State Perl on Windows 2000 but am getting the following error message:
>
>Error: Failed to download URL http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/index.shtml/bio
>perldb.ppd: 404 Not Found
>
>This is what I did :
>

>>ppm
>>

>rep add bioperldb http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/index.shtml
>install bioperldb
>
>I would appreciate if somebody can help me in this regard.
>
>Thanks
>
>Sujoy Paul
>Sujoy Paul, PRISE Centre, UniS, s.paul at surrey.ac.uk

Barry Moore