[Bioperl-l] Automating a fasta sequence submission

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 07:49:38 EDT 2004

Stuart,

Since you asking this question on bioperl mailing list, you must be
contemplating on using bioperl on you problem.

What you need is a small program that loops over you sequences and calls a
subrroutine to do the web form processing.

You should be able to figure out from example scripts and this howto:
   http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/html/SeqIO.html

how to do the first part.

Second part can be done with perl CPAN modules like LWP::Simple,
LWP::UserAgent or WWW:Mechanize. There one solution to this within bioperl.
see:

	http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/html/SimpleWebAnalysis.html

Yours,
		-Heikki

When you do not what to do, check the FAQ:

	http://bio.perl.org/Core/Latest/faq.html

		-H