[Bioperl-l] Automating a fasta sequence submission

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jul 6 07:29:26 EDT 2004

Stuart,

It sounds like you should probably begin by looking at the SeqIO HowTO
(http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/html/SeqIO.html).  This will show you how to read
in fasta format files and begin to work with the resulting seq objects.

As for 2-4, if you are using a standard online tool, there may be access
through bioperl, but maybe not.  If not, this will involve constructing a
URL that describes the "input" to the webpage and will likely involve
parsing the HTML output unless there is a "batch" option.  What are you
planning on using, if I may ask?

Sean