[Bioperl-l] Bioperl: CVS and packages

James Thompson tex at biosysadmin.com
Sat Jul 3 08:53:49 EDT 2004

Jonathan,

You can do both. I have a system-wide install of Bioperl installed in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/ source, and I have the CVS tree in my home directory.
Then I just add a "use lib" statement to use the packages from CVS. It's very
easy to switch back and forth from the CVS and the release versions of
BioPerl this way.

Tex Thompson
RIT Bioinformatics