[Bioperl-l] RemoteBlast again

william ritchie billthebrute at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 26 03:05:11 EST 2004

Sorry about the incomplete question, I was leaving and
I wondered if this was a common error. This is the
code that gives my previous error message....

 use strict;
use Bio::SearchIO;
use Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast;
use Bio::Perl;
use Bio::SeqIO;

    my @inputfiles = @ARGV;

    foreach my $inputfile (@inputfiles)

{

         my $prog = 'blastn';
         #my $db   = 'gbEST';
         my $e_val= '1e-10';

         my @params = ( '-prog' => $prog,
                ' -data  '=> 'est_mouse',
                ' -expect'  => $e_val,
                ' -readmethod'  => ' SearchIO'  );

         my $factory =
Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast->new(@params);

                          my $v = 1;

         my $str = Bio::SeqIO->new(
		        -file=>
"/home/billthebrute/Projet/endogpcr/"."$inputfile",
		      #  -format  => ' Fasta'
				  );

$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'DATABASE'} =
'est_mouse';

$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'PROGRAM'} =
'blastn';

         while (my $input = $str->next_seq())
             {

          my $r = $factory->submit_blast($input);

	  print STDERR "waiting..." if( $v > 0 );

           while ( my @rids = $factory->each_rid ) {
             foreach my $rid ( @rids ) {
               my $rc =
$factory->retrieve_blast($rid);
               if( !ref($rc) ) {
                 if( $rc < 0 ) {
                   $factory->remove_rid($rid);
                 }
                 print STDERR "." if ( $v > 0 );
                 sleep 5 ;
               } else {
                 my $result = $rc->next_result();
                 #save the output
                 #my $filename =
$result->query_name()."\.out";
		 print "$inputfile";

$factory->save_output("/home/billthebrute/Projet/blasted/"."$inputfile");
                 $factory->remove_rid($rid);

               }
             }
           }