[Bioperl-l] need help

Gert Thijs gert.thijs at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jan 22 10:49:17 EST 2004

Pierre,

You should make sure that you read the input from the file handle and
not the file name.
when reading the file parameter as
  my $seqFile = $query->param('seqfile');

$seqFile is a handle to the file stream. So you can do things like
  while ( <$seqFile> ){
    # do something with string
  }
but you cannot use 'open' to open the file for reading, since it is
already open.

I guess you can also do something like
  my $seqio = new Bio::SeqIO( -fh => \$seq );
although I am not sure this will work.

Gert

Gert

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 14:53, KHOUEIRY pierre wrote:
> Hi everyone;
> I wrote a script using bioperl methodes. In fact my problem isn't in
> bioperl modules. I find problems on submitting my html form. When the
> user browse a file, i can't open it. I used a post methode
> <Form  name="parameter" METHOD="POST" action="/cgi-bin/script.pl"
> target="_blank">.
> <INPUT NAME="seqfile" TYPE="file" class = "text">
>
> in my perl script i collect forms fields. but i can't open  user's file.
> Anyhelp will be appreciated

+ Gert Thijs
+ Postdoctoral Researcher
+  K.U.Leuven