[Bioperl-l] recent spams to bioperl-l

Aaron J. Mackey amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 22 10:24:16 EST 2004

My 2 cents: the spam level has increased noticeably, but going from 0
to some is always noticeable.  I don't think it's so bad (yet) as to
require moving to a closed system.

We could also do what a few other mailing lists have tried, requiring
emails to contain some valid keyword(s), e.g. "BioPerl" or just "Perl"
or "Bio", bouncing back the few valid posts that don't match the
keyword with a friendly "please click here to approve your post" or
"please include the magic keyword in your posts".

And thanks again, Chris, for all your work keeping us up and running
smoothly.

-Aaron