[BioPerl] Re: [Bioperl-l] ->alphabet documentation wrong here there and everywhere :-)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sat Jan 10 16:48:12 EST 2004

cool.  Will do.

This came up only because one of my colleagues at the university here
called on me with frustration that he wasn't able to change the alphabet
without creating a new sequence object, and when I told him how to do it
he sent me a copy of the documentation showing that it couldn't be done
that way :-)

Cheers all!

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 15:33, Ewan Birney wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>
> > But... surely the documentation for the modules that DO implement it
> > this way should reflect that... or?  As it stands, all implementers have
> > simply copy/pasted the documentation from the interface module, even
> > though their implementation adds this functionality.
> >

> Feel free to update the implementations, putting a break to show that this
> is an implementation-specific aspect.
>
> the interface should be strict read-only.

Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>
Illuminae