[Bioperl-l] loading sprot.dat

Juguang Xiao juguang at tll.org.sg
Fri Jan 9 03:59:07 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 11:18  pm, Robinson, Peter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to load the contents of the Swiss-Prot file sprot.dat
> into a mysql database. Since I have a relatively specific question, I
> would like to use a databse of my own design and just extract portions
> of the relevant entries from sprot.dat rather than the whole thing.

Do you know biosql and bioperl-db projects? I am not sure why you use
your own database schema, rather than biosql one. Is biosql schema
missing something so that it cannot satisfy your requirement? Please
let Hilmar and us know if so.

bioperl-db/scripts/biosql/load_seqdatabase.pl can load Swissprot into
mysql. I have load the whole SP months ago. There is option called
seqfilter in the script, while I am not sure if it functions and it's
you want.

Juguang