[Bioperl-l] Parsing TGICL-CAP3 ACE result files

Javier Forment Millet jforment at ibmcp.upv.es
Tue Dec 14 10:59:46 EST 2004

There is already a Bio::Assembly::IO::ace file in the Bioperl-1.4 distribution,
but it is not the same as the one you have sent. Actually, your ace.pm seems
not to be as phrap-oriented as the other one. For example, when searching for
the contig name, your file states

(/^CO (.*Contig\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\w+)/) && do {
       my $contigID = $1;

(so $contigID becomes, for example, 'CL2Contig14', for it is the way TGICL names
contigs)

whereas the one with the distribution does

       my $contigID = $1;

(so $contigID becomes, for example, '857', which is the way phrap names
contigs).

I don't know if there is other crucial changes, but I will try it.

Thanks a looooot,

Javier.