[Bioperl-l] caBIOperl

Covitz, Peter (NIH/NCI) covitzp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 19 15:59:35 EDT 2004

Dear bioperl,

I'd like to let you know that a new Perl API to the NCI's caBIO data
management system has been released.  Called "caBIOperl", it was designed
with bioperl style in mind.  At some point we'd like to contribute it
directly to bioperl.

caBIOperl is essentially a Perl version of the caBIO Java API.  You can
instantiate caBIO data objects directly as Perl objects, just like you can
when working with caBIO in Java.  Under the hood caBIOperl uses the caBIO
SOAP-XML interface, but it parses all the XML and populates objects with
data for you, so you don't have to deal with XML parsing.

caBIOperl was developed by Shan Jiang, an SAIC employee working at the NCI
Center for Bioinformatics.  You can find caBIOperl on the caBIO section of
the NCICB Download site:

http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/download <http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/download>

Support requests for caBIOperl can be sent to ncicb at pop.nci.nih.gov
<mailto:ncicb at pop.nci.nih.gov> .

General discussion about caBIO, including caBIOperl, is conducted on this
mailing list:
http://list.nih.gov/archives/cabio_users.html
<http://list.nih.gov/archives/cabio_users.html>

Hope you like it, and we'd love to hear any feedback you may have.

Sincerely,

Peter

Peter A. Covitz, Ph.D.
Director, Bioinformatics Core Infrastructure
NCI Center for Bioinformatics
6116 Executive Blvd. Suite 403
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel. 301-451-4385