[Bioperl-l] Query re installing Bundle::BioPerl packages in a personal directory

Peter Schattner schattner at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 24 15:16:48 EDT 2003

Hi guys

I need to install bioperl on system where I don't have root access. For
installing bioperl itself, the following command worked successfully as
described in INSTALL.

 perl Makefile.PL  PREFIX=/home/peter/My_Local_Perl_Modules

 However installing the bioperl bundle using:

  perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::BioPerl'

  failed to install because of my lack of su privileges.

  Is there some way to pass the equivalent of
"PREFIX=/home/dag/My_Local_Perl_Modules" to the bundle::BioPerl
installation?

   Or does one have to install each of the 28 modules separately in
order to install them in a local directory??

  Thanks in advance

  Peter