[Bioperl-l] Re: Trees as graphics

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Mon Sep 22 12:14:57 EDT 2003

I would really suggest treeplot.

You specify the bootstraps as the label for internal nodes like this.
(((A:0.1,B:0.2)100:0.6),D:0.4),100:0.30);

Treeplot version 0.7
Developpment: Olivier Langella
CNRS UPR9034 Laboratoire PGE
e-mail: langella at pge.cnrs-gif.fr
Web: http://www.cnrs-gif.fr/pge/bioinfo

USAGE: treeplot SOURCE DESTINATION -[options]
DESTINATION is a postscript file (output.ps) by default.
to produce other format, choose one of these extensions:
.ps ==> Postscript
.ai ==> Adobe Illustrator
.svg ==> Scalable Vector Graphic
.cgm ==> Computer Graphic Metafile
.hpgl ==> Hewlet Packard Graphic Language
.fig ==> xfig file
.gif ==> gif image file
.pnm ==> PBM Portable aNy Map file

OPTIONS for treeplot
-t rect
drawing rectangular cladogram
-t phylogram
drawing phylogram
-nb
no bootstrap values
-og 'LIST'
-g 'COLOR' 'LIST'
where LIST is a list of OTU's (separated by spaces)
COLOR is a name of color (in english) or an rgb code (example: '255 0 0'
for red)

Other places to ask could be
bionet.molbio.evolution bionet.molbio.software I guess.