[Bioperl-l] primer selection

Jonathan M. Manning jmanning at genome.wi.mit.edu
Wed Sep 10 11:02:13 EDT 2003

I too have an internal set of scripts that handles primer selection,
using Bio::Seq objects and primer3, then blasting against E.Coli to
screen out vector matches.

I'm not entirely convinced about the 'Pair of primers' approach you've
listed here - I'd favor it being primarily for selection of single left
or right primers, though these objects could certainly be paired up
later, and additional 'Assessments' be run on them.

You'll have to get a reply from someone else regarding how it best fits
into BioPerl, but I'd like to see something like this included, and I'd
be willing to contribute to it. I was planning a rewrite of my scripts
anyway... time to modularize.

~Jonathan