[Bioperl-l] 1.2.3 release prep, modules needing maintainers

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue Sep 9 10:05:43 EDT 2003

1.2.3 release schedule
======================

I'm planning to do 1.2.3 release candidate by next Monday (15-Sep-03).
This is contingent on my current full plate of things to do not getting
any bigger...

I think there were a couple of lingering bugs that should get squashed,
I'll have to check and see what is left.

The notables off the top of my head:

- A request to add the subsequence retrieval from Entrez to
  DB::GenBank/DB::GenPept, there is a patch in bugzilla which needs to be
  tested and applied.

- A couple of TreeIO bugs that I would like to fix before the
  release, but I am not sure it will get done.  Will do the best I can.
  These are mostly fixed on the main trunk so will try and migrate them
  over.

My intention is to wait a week, have people test 1.2.3 candidate and then
release 1.2.3 on (22-Sep-2003) unless there are any showstoppers.
I will need volunteers to test the release on different OSes so please
try and help out when the candidates are made.  You can start testing
early if you want by checking out the branch 'branch-1-2' from CVS.

Modules needing maintainers
===========================

A side note- Lincoln has wanted to wash his hands of DB::GenBank
DB::GenBank::Query so if there are volunteers out there, we could do with
some other people stepping up to maintain this code.

Similarly I do not have any interest in maintaining StandAloneBlast,
RemoteBlast because they are not part of my own research direction.
There are several feature requests, reported bugs in bugzilla about these.
We would warmly welcome someone to step up and try and add these feature
requests.

-jason
--
Jason Stajich