[Bioperl-l] planning for bioperl 1.4

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 1 06:49:12 EDT 2003

Summer is over and it is time to start preparing next major release of
bioperl which will be release 1.4.

Before it is out there will be a series of tarballed development
releases named 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, ... We will tag them in the cvs head
but will not branch until 1.4.0 release.

First, we need to get a clearer picture what has been added into bioperl
since 1.2 release was made at the end of year 2002. Please, add them
into Changes file in the CVS head. Never mind the format, we can sort
that out later. I'll go through news to see what major additions there
have been.

Secondly, all developers, please post here about projects you'd like to
finish before the release and your estimate when it would be ready for
release.

Depending on those comments, we can readjust the release schedule but
I'd like to see first 1.3.X out in a month (some time after 1.2.3) and
1.4 in two months at most.

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki_at_ebi ac uk