[Bioperl-l] perl script to retrieve accession numbers

Andrew Walsh walsh at cenix-bioscience.com
Thu Oct 30 02:08:17 EST 2003

You should read the Bioperl tutorial section on this:

http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/bptutorial.html

http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/bptutorial.html#iii.1.1_accessing_remote_databases_(bio::db::genbank,_etc)

Also read the PODs for Bio::DB::GenBank (i.e. use perldoc).

If you are retrieving lots of sequences, try using Batch Entrez on the
NCBI website to get local copies of the sequences, then use
Bio::Index::GenBank and Bio::SeqIO.  Check out those POD and you should
go through the tutorial.

Andrew

M V wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there a perl script that retrieves the genbank accession numbers if I have a list of gene names? Thanks in advance.
>
> Murmanmadi

Andrew Walsh, M.Sc.
Bioinformatics Software Engineer
IT Unit