[Bioperl-l] tests

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Sat Oct 25 16:25:50 EDT 2003

Hi Heikki,

Option 1:

Run BioGraphics.t with the --write switch:

	perl t/BioGraphics.t --write

This will create a set of pngs in t/data/biographics named
t1.png, t2.png and t3.png.  Look at them visually and
confirm that they are similar to the variants located in
t/data/biographics/version*.  If so, move the new versions
into the appropriate version directory.

Option 2:

I will disable the PNG tests completely.  Every different
combination of libpng and libgd generates files that are
visually identical but incompatible at the binary level.
These tests aren't scaling.

The SVG version of Bio::Graphics is almost finished, and
when done I will replace the PNG tests with SVG tests.
Since SVG is a text-only XML format, it won't suffer these
problems.

Lincoln