[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Registry

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Sun Oct 19 20:01:13 EDT 2003

Daniel,

I've made a change that fixes the OBDA/Registry system for me, but only when
I create "flat" indices with bioflat_index.pl, not "bdb". Now I'll take a
look at why "bdb" doesn't work, it has to do with the code's inability to
direct the search properly to BinarySearch.pm or BDB.pm, I think.
Anotherwords, using Bio::DB::Flat directly using "flat" (or "binarysearch")
or "bdb" works, but when you use Registry with "bdb" the search is
incorrectly directed to BinarySearch.

If you'd like to try this then get the latest Bioperl from CVS. I don't
think there's anything wrong with your config.dat, and no, I didn't make any
changes to bioflat_index.pl.

Brian O.