[Bioperl-l] Codon Table

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Oct 15 06:55:05 EDT 2003

If the table is not there then you obviously have to hack CodonTable - you
need to add values to the @NAMES, @TABLES, @STARTS

You specify which table you want to use as
$table->id($n)
where $n is 1->23 - so you would want to add them to the bottom I suppose
but we

Is this table avaialble at
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Taxonomy/wprintgc?mode=c

perhaps we need to update the module for new tables?

If this is a LOCAL only think you can add values to the available tables
by directly updating the value of these variables in your script

push @Bio::Tools::CodonTable::NAMES, 'NewName';
... etc (update the other values)
-jason