[Bioperl-l] search for only C-terminal degenerate motifs

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Fri Oct 10 15:31:44 EDT 2003

Lucas,

I don't think a script exactly like this exists in Bioperl but certainly the
means to write this script does. A good start might be the SearchIO HOWTO
(bioperl.org/HOWTOs). The combination of SearchIO and StandAloneBlast
(section III.4.5 of the bptutorial) enables you to run BLAST and parse the
results. The details of the C-terminal match should be straightforward, I
think, but it depends on your familiarity with Perl.

Brian O.