[Bioperl-l] seqIO

Desmond Lim btclimd at nus.edu.sg
Tue Oct 7 21:16:22 EDT 2003

Hi Lincoln,

Thanks but what am I to do after this?

I have a file that contains EMBL sequences. And I'm reading it into an array, manipulating it and then print it a file in fasta format.

I know how to use the:

my $seq_in = Bio::SeqIO->new('-file' => filename1, '-format' => 'embl');
my $seq_out = Bio::SeqIO->new('-file' => filename2, '-format' => 'fasta');

while ( my $inseq = $seq_in->next_seq ) {
  $seq_out->write_seq($inseq);
}

But I don't have a file for filename1 but an array. Is there a way for reading the array (the manipulated embl one) and then write it as a fasta file?

Thanks.