[Bioperl-l] seqIO

Desmond Lim btclimd at nus.edu.sg
Mon Oct 6 22:43:48 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to make an array into a SeqIO object

my $seq_in = Bio::SeqIO->new('-ph' => @arr, '-format' => 'fasta');

but it doesn't work. I have gone through the documentation for the SeqIO module but have no idea how to 'read' the sequences directly from an array.

I need to do this because there is a sequence manipulation that happens to the file that is opened in the beginning.

I have a work around of creating a file with the array and then opening it using -file but I think reading from an array should be possible.

Thanks.