[Bioperl-l] Developers: what do you want to fix before 1.4 release?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 24 05:22:53 EST 2003

With developer snapshot 1.3.03 out last Friday, I'd like to hear from bioperl
developers what they'd like to accomplish before 1.4 comes out.

At this stage, I'd rather not see major new features added; there will not be
time to test them properly.

I'd especially like to hear from
* Lincoln Stein / Todd Harris about the SVG timetable
* Stefan Kirov about Bio::Matrix::PSM modules
* anyone else about their pet modules and bugs

I'll give you three choices:
1. You've got a fix/enhancement under way and you can give me timetable for it
to be in.
2. There is a bug that need to be fixed before the release but you do not know
how to do it.  Let's discuss that now!
3. Your modules are not ready for release and you do not have time to work on
your code. That means that they will need to be excluded from the release.

I am pretty happy with the current status of bioperl CVS tree. Tests pass, but
there still are bugs in bugzilla. I urge anyone and everyone to have a look
at the bugzilla and see what they think of the bugs still there.

Realistically, we have couple of weeks time to get the fixes in. Then a week
to wait to make sure everyone has time to make sure that everything works.

	-Heikki "Let's push 1.4 out"

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki_at_ebi ac uk