[Bioperl-l] Total OBF server shutdown Saturday November 22nd (all day EDT timezone)

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Nov 20 10:38:23 EST 2003

Hi folks,

Apologies for the massive cross-posting.

Our CVS, mailing list and web servers are located in a Cambridge, MA USA
datacenter belonging to Wyeth Resarch. Genetics Institute (which became
part of Wyeth) has supported our signficant internet bandwidth and
hosting needs for many years since the earliest versions of our open
source efforts. Since I have to do this massive cross-post anyway I
figured it was a good time to thank them again in public.

The real reason for this message is to announce a 1-day period of
significant server downtime. The office floor & datacenter in the
building where our servers are hosted is going to have a planned
electrical shutdown (including emergency and backup power circuits) from
10am - 6pm on Saturday November 22nd. I'll be manually bringing down our
servers sometime before the 10am deadline.

The time estimate is conservative. In the event that the facilty work
takes less time than expected I'll probably take advantage of the window
to perform some server upgrades and failed disk replacements.

For any questions/concerns or if you notice a server or service that is
still not available after the 22nd please contact me directly at
'chris at bioteam.net' or 1-617-877-5498.

Regards,
Chris