[Bioperl-l] RE: about pdb parsing

Jurgen Pletinckx jurgen.pletinckx at algonomics.com
Tue Nov 18 06:08:57 EST 2003

| Hi Kris:
|
|     I've known about you because of the examples scripts of PDB parsing
| that comes with the bioperl distribution. I'm interested on the research
| in this field and I've been trying to get some information about it. I
| would like to know if you could send me more examples of PDB file parsing
| using bioperl. Actually I've been trying to get the chain_id from pdb
| files but I just couldn't. I would really appreciate any help you can
| give me.

Dear Vladimir,

I'm sorry to say Kris has left AlgoNomics. As it happens, I can be of
assistance in this matter. In attachment, you can find a sample script
together with sample output.

The script runs through a directory of Brookhaven files, and print some
info for each chain it finds. I hope it comes close to what you require.
If not, do ask again. I rather like the module myself, and I'm glad to
help.

(Although it might be even better to ask questions on the actual bioperl
mailing list - I'm CC'ing this reply).

--
Jurgen Pletinckx
AlgoNomics NV