[Bioperl-l] Drawing Chromosomes

Johnny Amos quickster333 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:15:57 EST 2003

Hello,

I would like to draw chromosomes dynamically, colour cytogenic bands (e.g.
q13) according to the quantity of something (e.g. SNPs) in that band.  The
idea is to high-light chromosomal patterns in these sorts of things in a
really display-friendly format.

I would use Bio::Graphics, but it seems the only way to do that is to load
the entire chromosome in, and then manually add each SNP.  Does anyone have
any other suggestions on how to do this?  I'm open to any ideas, and I'll
happily contribute anything of value I develop.

-J