[Bioperl-l] Re: SiteMatrix

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Tue Nov 11 12:02:39 EST 2003

Got it!
It is actually a design issue in SiteMatrix- the constructor should
rather call _initialize instead of doing  everything by itself. Right
now since Psm is SiteMatrix, SiteMatrix is trying to create the 4
vectors (A,G,C,T) even though there is no such need (in the case of
parsing mast for example). I will apply a quick fix to check for the
input more properly and later I will split the constructor into two
subroutines, which should be a permanent solution.
Thanks for pointing the problem Heikki.
Stefan

--
Stefan Kirov, Ph.D.
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
e-mail: skirov at utk.edu
sao at ornl.gov