[Bioperl-l] haplotype

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 06:25:27 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Pedro wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I have done some work on SNP haplotypes. I have created two modules
> one to find the ht_SNP set and another one to tag the minimal set of
> an haplotype.
>
> I would like to contibute to bioperl these two modules.
>
> The modules could be under:
>
>      Bio::Haplotype::Select
>      Bio::Haplotype::Tag
>
> I also have stand alone examples about how the code is working and
> about what to input and what you get from the module.

It would be great if you could show a little synopsis of how a client
would use objects

  # entirely making this up

  $hap = Bio::Haplotype::Select->new(xxxxxx);

  @tags = $hap->get_tag_snps();

  foreach $tag ( @tags ) {
     # do something interesting, like writing out the allele.
  }

> I would like also to know if there is any perl style to follow. Any
> documentation about that?

In bioperl release there is biodesign.pod which gives you some hints.

> If you think this can be insteresting for bioperl, please let me know.

I am sure this would be and I would be happy to help you do conversion
into bioperl style...