[Bioperl-l] bioperl and Bio::Factory::EMBOSS via cgi... permission problems?

Tobias tobias.straub at lmu.de
Mon Nov 3 09:02:59 EST 2003

Hi,

I have to run a restriction analysis through EMBOSS restrict (as
Bio::Tools::RestrictionEnzyme has some serious problems with certain
custom enzymes). Now everything runs fine when invoked from
commandline, but when I run the script  through browser and apache I
get an error:
Can't call method "run" on an undefined value at ..
when telling my EMBOSS program to run

seems that I don't get a proper connection to the EMBOSS programs (i
also can't get version information, nor program descriptions...)

could that be permission problems of the apache user (my EMBOSS
executables are world read- and executable)?
someone has similar setup (bioperl and EMBOSS via cgi) and knows where
to look at?

best regards
Tobias

Dr. Tobias Straub